Git Workshop with Github Write-up
By Vicky Twomey-Lee in Dublin April 14, 2014, midnight
Related event: Introduction to Git (Mon 14 Apr 2014)
After everyone settled down (a few got a wee bit lost finding the venue, but got here safe and sound). One thing I noticed that maybe there would be a need to run another basic command line workshop. For those interested, I ran one recently and here's the write-up about it.
The mentors went around helping with people having problems with machines or the just general Git queries, but mostly everyone followed the workshop.
After a short break, we start to get even more interactive with the hellogitworld repository from https://github.com/githubteacher?tab=repositories.
All in all, it was a fun and interesting experience. It was a first of many for participants, mentors and myself in collaborating with a trainer virtually.
The GitHub Workbook:
- GitHub for Mac GUI + Command Line: https://mac.github.com
- GitHub for Windows GUI + Command Line: https://windows.github.com
- Git for Linux: http://git-scm.com/downloads
Links of interest:
- GitHub Training Team: http://training.github.com/trainers
- Interesting GitHub projects: https://github.com/explore
- Git Book: http://git-scm.com/book
- Git Documentation: http://git-scm.com/docs
And finally, a big thanks to those who came along and learnt about Git.